Newham Council is proud to mark Islamophobia Awareness Month, highlighting the threat of Islamophobic hate crime. The month also spotlights and celebrates the positive contribution of British Muslims to culture, local communities, society in general and to this borough in particular. Newham’s Islamophobia Awareness Month 2020, features a number of webinars with high profile and inspirational speakers.
On Wednesday 11 November the webinar featured the following guest speakers:
• Cllr Charlene McLean, Newham’s Statutory Deputy Mayor and Cabinet Member for Resident Engagement and Participation
• Geeta Subramaniam-Mooney, Newham’s Commissioner for Children and Young People Services
• Akeela Ahmed MBE, Equalities Activist and Campaigner
• Zainab Alema, Muslimah Rugby Online
• Shereen Williams MBE, Chief Executive Officer of the Local Democracy and Boundary Commission for Wales
• Nadia Ali, BBC Asian Network Presenter