Newham Council is proud to mark Islamophobia Awareness Month, highlighting the threat of Islamophobic hate crime. The month also spotlights and celebrates the positive contribution of British Muslims to culture, local communities, society in general and to this borough in particular. Newham’s Islamophobia Awareness Month 2020, features a number of webinars with high profile and inspirational speakers.
On Wednesday 4 November the webinar featured the following guest speakers & topics of discussion:
• Cllr Rohit Dasgupta, Commissioner for Social Integration and Equalities in Newham
• Ehtasham Haque, The Muslim Council of Britain (What is Islamophobia?)
• Tabetha Bhatti, The Muslim Council of Britain
• Superintendent Waheed Khan, Metropolitan Police (Measures taken to counter hate crime)
• Muhammad Uddin, Newham Muslim Forum (Contribution by the Muslim community during Covid-19)